Friday, January 8, 2010

Everything Is Slightly Ridiculous: Parte Dos

First full day in San J. After a bit of university orientation we took a walking tour downtown. There were people everywhere selling telephone cards on the street, pushing through the crowds to be on time to work, and feeding the pigeons in la Plaza de la Cultura. I would have pictures for you but I left my camera at home. Something about walking around in a group of 25 gringos loudly speaking English made me uneasy carrying anything valuable about.

I do have for your viewing enjoyment, however, a couple of pictures from the airport bus yesterday.


A view of San Jose from the highway above and a lovely mural below.



Solidaridad...the Jesuits must have been here. My house is also awesome. Following the Spanish style, the house is built around a courtyard, which my room overlooks.


My room also looks out over the mountains. It's a much better view without the clouds.

Class starts on Monday, so I'll write again then!

Pura vida,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment